ADA Innovations – 5 Courses
Proper location of detectable warning devices and use of color are crucial to ADA compliance. Learn how to avoid common mistakes and design accessible spaces for visually impaired individuals.
- Using Cane Skills
- Visual Cues in the Exterior Path of Travel
- Physical Cues in Ramps & Stairs
- Hazards to the Visually Impaired
- The Wrong Places for the Detectable Warning Devices
Determine if an existing or new play structure is ADA compliant and understand the differences between elevated and ground level components to create more inclusive play areas.
- 2019 CBC and 2010 ADA Standards for Play Structures
- Play Area Standards
- Ground Level Scoping Provisions
- Technical Provisions
- Playground Surfaces
Keep your water recreation elements compliant with ADA, including pools, spas, splash pads, water slides, and diving boards, using the latest and most efficient universal design solutions.
- 2019 CBC and 2010 ADA Standards for Pools & Spas
- Pool & Spa Access Requirements
- Pool Lifts
- Sloped Entries
- Transfer Walls
- Transfer Systems
- Aquatic Recreation Facilities
Learn the latest ADA seating requirements for viewers, audiences, and spectators, including the visually impaired and the hearing impaired requirements to stay compliant.
- Accessible Seating
- Semi-Ambulant Seating
- Assistive Listening Systems
- Access to Stages, Platforms, Arena
- Floors, and Locker/Dressing Areas
- Ticket Booths & Press Boxes
- Access to Sporting Areas & Team Seating Areas
Learn about the latest ADA regulations for public parks and different types of public trail systems to avoid common problems and make outdoor recreation more inclusive of the entire community.
- Parking & Exterior Path of Travel
- Gang & Portable Toilet Rooms
- Federal Standards for Outdoor Developed Areas
- Parks & Picnic Facilities
- Trail Scoping & Technical Provisions